A creative folk workshop for disabled young people (12-24 year olds), their siblings and friends.
Through a focus on folk music, song and dance, Get Your Folk On! courses offer young musicians and/or dancers the chance to:
- play music by ear - no sheet music here!
- explore harmonies, riffs, chord sequences and folk techniques
- create arrangements in small and big bands
- sing and explore folk song history and culture
- try new instruments or dance forms
- gain performance skills with final sharing events
Courses are friendly, flexible and responsive to all young people’s needs and abilities, led by a team of skilled and engaging folk educators. No previous folk experience is required and no two courses are the same!