A two day course running across Thursday 21 and Friday 22 February.
Juniors (7–11 year olds) | Youth (12–19 year olds)
These two-day courses are friendly, flexible and responsive to all young people’s needs and abilities, led by skilled and engaging folk artists and educators David Delarre and Beth Gifford. No two courses are the same!
Through a focus on folk music, song and dance, Get Your Folk On! courses offer young musicians the chance to:
- play music by ear - no sheet music here!
- explore harmonies, riffs, chord sequences and folk techniques
- create arrangements in small and big bands
- sing and explore folk song history and culture
- try new instruments or dance forms
- gain performance skills with final sharing events
All instruments and skill levels welcome and no previous experience of folk required.