Creative Artist Residencies
APPLICATIONS FOR CREATIVE ARTIST RESIDENCIES OPEN
We're delighted to announce a new scheme offering creative residencies at Cecil Sharp House.
The initiative is open to individuals or groups who want to explore their creative potential and the English traditions by undertaking a residency at Cecil Sharp House to research and develop new work.
The creative residencies are open to professional artists across all sectors – from classical composers and contemporary dancers to poets, musicians or visual artists – not just those working within the folk arts.
EFDSS is keen to hear from artists who are interested in exploring the potential of working cross-genre, cross-arts, or cross-culture to create work that has the potential to go on tour.
It is envisaged that three creative residency awards will be made, encompassing:
- use of rehearsal spaces at Cecil Sharp House
- grants of up to £2,000 for each successful application to cover costs and expenses
- performance space for sharing the results of the residency
- support and guidance from industry experts for future development of the work
We hope to attract applications from artists working across the full range of English folk traditions, and our funding decisions will focus on the quality of the application and how well it meets our main criteria:
- strength of the artistic vision
- impact on the artists’ professional development
- potential for future performances/development
DATES AND SUBMISSION DETAILS
Applications open on 1 May 2012
Deadline for completed applications 30 June 2012
The residencies will run between September 2012 to March 2013.
Decisions to be announced by 20 July 2012
Completed application forms should be returned to Neil Pearson (Artist Development & Programming Manager):
Post to: Cecil Sharp House, 2 Regent’s Park Road, London, NW1 7AY